Saturday, June 16, 2007

I Am Stripped Bare

Salve!
Friends, Shanghaians, Countrymen

Lend me your ears.


I would like to proclaim you fine citizens of Shanghai, jovial men and women of the merry-making kind, of drink and dance.
I am stripped bare in humility by the essence of Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) and Alcohol.

I depart this fine land with your fine company and friendships. The classical music of the 80th decade and songs sung in lyrical praise will forever be etched in my memory.

Individual salutations, I will give now:

Shan - Sister, i truly appreciate your efforts despite your tight schedule and incessant work. The party could not have gone on without your brilliant organization and of course, not to mention, excellent door manning skills of the Canis kind. Please thank the other 3 matronas for their attendance!

Debs - For taking over the reins and creating a major disturbance amongst the plebians with the promise of entertainment at the stroke of midnight. Who would have guessed that most of the stripping was to be done by yours truly? One Night in Shanghai... I indeed left behind much emotions!

Lester - You are the orchestrator of such classical masterpieces - Mars and Venus be praised by the lyrical geniuses of Belinda, Rick and other masters of the past eras.

Bolei - What could have done without your artistic capture of such fine memories? Although I very much would like to witness the glorification of these works of art in the Forum, I think it best for the Republic to remain in our private collections (and re-collections)...

Daniel, Qixin, Jason, Hsien Yang, Simon, Shaoqing, Randy and Dean - Brave men of the Republic, citizens of a model nation. My liver cries out at the mention of your names.

Antoine, Ying and Pierre - Your presence was greatly appreciated.. the others in the Legion shall be whipped for not turning up for this Triumph.

Mellissa and Kathryn (pls forward to her) - You were a great audience as well, yours truly would not have been had a more spectacular performance without the constant rouses and cheering

Jeryl, Bryan & Janice (pls forward to them) - My heartfelt gratitude for your presence and gift, hope we old men and women of Shanghai did not give you too much of a scare

Liping, Jon & Joo - I was honoured to partake with you, the excellent meal of hot pot. Wine and merry might not agree with you but nonetheless, I thank your efforts in attending the dinner.

May I be damned on Jupiter's stone if I had missed out on anyone!
The combination of potions on the night made me see closer the stars that never seem to appear in Shanghai.

Till the next, Vade In Pace!

Benius Maximus.
MMVII

No comments: