Monday, May 26, 2008

Faith can't hurt


Caught an episode of Grey's Anatomy over the weekend.
Essence of a conversation between Bailey and the Chief caught my attention

Miranda Bailey: Don’t get me wrong, I have faith, I do. Faith isn’t medicine, faith can’t heal you.

Richard Webber: That may be so. But then again, it can’t hurt.

Sometimes we get caught up thinking that having faith means that faith alone can solve the problem at hand, that having faith is the Panacea that cures all ills.

I believe in the more passive nature of faith. That keeping it and believing in it gives you strength to deal with your problems. I.e. faith itself serves no purpose, but knowing how to apply it makes us certain of what we do..

Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see
Hebrews 11:1 (NIV)


My other take of it is summed up by the Chief.. faith sure doesn't hurt you.

So have faith, my friends, but continue working hard to get what you want :)

No comments: