Saturday, January 10, 2009

Lost And Found

Once was Lost and now am Found...

Not a good start to 2009...
baggage was lost in transit from HKG to SIN
Checked in 2 pieces of baggage and only got one back on the carousel.
Bag contained 2k SGD worth of shopping
as well as crucially, my work laptop and external hard drive

Acute depression swiftly followed..
24 hours passed without any news of the bag.
7 days on, I received a much welcomed call that the bag has been found.
I'm sure the bag had its fair share of travels around the world!

I am just relieved to get my things back.

In the course of this New Year, reflections rule over resolutions.
2008 has been kind and abundant of wealth, friendships and romance. It did bring along the usual baggage of disappointments and mis-expectations. In my diary of life, I'm sure I would have marked 2008 down in the category of 'Good Years'.

Most important lesson learnt was knowing a little bit better what I want for myself in several aspects of life. Whatever I have lost in 2008, I have found a lot of myself.

On the 2008 balance sheet would look something like:
ASSETSLIABILITIES
Better HealthLosing Weight
DomesticationLess Social Events
SinglehoodFailed Romances
Returning to ShanghaiLeaving Singapore (again)



A well balanced year is a good year in my books.

Cheers to 2009 my friends!

1 comment:

yanny said...

losing weight is a liability??? the only part worthy of being in that column is, i suppose, the word "losing"... haha.