Monday, May 28, 2007

The Art of Trying Hard

I am seeking closure to my time in Shanghai.
I look back at 2 years ago, when I chose to stay in the company and reject an excellent opportunity at P&G. The motivation was to eventually be guaranteed a posting to China.
Even though the chance came along half a year earlier then expected, I snapped at the opportunity. Through times of uncertainty and self doubt, I still made it here, expecting to learn alot and contribute to an exciting new time in the company's history.

I do not regret packing my bags and coming and learning so much more about dealing with people, with myself, with people I don't like.... Sure, there were plenty of tough times, especially in the first 6 months. The frequent trips back home, the lack of a strong social support, getting sick ever so often. I came out of it like a phoenix, because I tried really hard and told myself 'I Will Survive'.

This current opportunity came about at just about the right time. I was getting too cosy and needed a new challenge. I have dished out plenty of what I think is good advice to other people, but somehow I find when I'm open for the layup, I don't get the necessary assist from the point guard. Well, sometimes you are your own best advisor.

I'm not just going to try hard... just have faith and the harvest will come.

Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of
what we do not see


Hebrews 11:1

No comments: