Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Let the whole world smile with you

But when you're cryin'....
you bring on the rain
So stop your frownin'....
be happy again
Cause when you're smilin'....
keep on smilin'
The whole world smiles with you

Louis Armstrong








I've been sharing my joy and laughter with those around me my whole life

I like to entertain the crowd, be the wise-ass joker that brings on the laughter, not minding if I'm the joke itself.

With young children, hearing them crack up from playing peek-a-boo or seeing that little smile back on their tiny faces after a bout of wailing.

With elderly folk, turning on their wrinkled faces and their dentured grins that beam like the setting sun.

Being optimistic has been my way out of a roller-coaster life. It has not been entirely rosy, but I guess I get by and am glad to have what I have today.

Yes, turning tears into smiles, cajoling a disgruntled infant, an angry youth, a worried mother, that's my forte.

With you, the hurt and the tears will take time to erode away.
I have only a genuine persuasion that I hope can conjur an endless lifetime of smiles and laughter to reclaim that empty space in your heart.

No comments: